As anyone who spends a lot of time in front of a computer knows, keyboard shortcuts can be a huge boon to productivity. Not only can they you save time, but keeping your fingers on the keys can also help you stay focused by eliminating distracting pauses between your thoughts and actions.
Mac apps all come with their own host of helpful shortcuts, and Safari is no different. Here are seven of our favorite keyboard tricks to help you browse the web faster:
- Switch tabs: To navigate between tabs with just a tap, hold Shift+Command and use the arrow keys to move left and right. You can also rotate through your tabs using Control+Tab or Control+Shift+Tab.
- Reopen your last tab: You're probably familiar with using Command+Z to undo typing in your word processor, but did you know you can use the same keystroke to reopen a tab after accidentally closing it?
- Enter a URL: Simply press Command+L to highlight the entire navigation bar, then start typing. Use the up and down arrow keys to choose between Safari's auto-complete suggestions, then press Enter when you've highlighted the correct address.
- Quick search: Ever been inspired to look something up while you were reading? Next time, instead of opening a new tab and performing a Google search, just press Command+Option+F and type your query.
- Easy scrolling: To scroll without moving your hands from the keyboard, just tap the spacebar (or use Option+Down) and Safari will automatically move down one full page. To move back up, just hit Shift+Spacebar (or Option+Up).
- Share in a snap: To send the contents of the page you're reading directly to one of your contacts, just press Command+I. Your Mac will open a new message in Mail with the contents of the page. Using Shift+Command+I will send just the link.
- Jump to top or bottom: To go straight to the bottom of a page, press Command+Down. This can be helpful if you're looking for a sitemap or a "contact us" link in a website's footer. To return to the top, simply use Command+Up.
MC Services can empower your workforce to become more more productive. Our certified Apple support specialists and Mac IT professionals can optimize your workplace for ultimate performance. Contact us today to get started.