Monterey: Support Essentials macOS 12
No Sessions available for this class
Contact us for other options.
A three day course covering the essentials for support of macOS leading to the Support Essentials Certification Exam.
Cost of Course: $2100.00
Who Should Attend?
- Managers of computer networks or labs running macOS
- Providers of Mac user support
What Does This Class Cover?
- How to use macOS Monterey tools and resources to troubleshoot macOS Monterey
- macOS Monterey features and functionality, including how to find more information
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 12 certification
Recommended Background Knowledge
- macOS familiarity
- Basic computer navigation skills
- Installation and Configuration Update, upgrade, and reinstall macOS Monterey, then set up and configure macOS on an individual Mac; participants are introduced to the command- line interface and macOS Recovery
- User Accounts Manage user accounts and user home folders; learn about macOS security and password management
- File Systems and Storage Manage file systems, storage, encryption, permissions, and file sharing
- Data Management Use hidden items, shortcuts, file archives, metadata, and Spotlight; manage system resources and Time Machine
- Apps and Processes Install, manage, and troubleshoot apps; manage documents
- Network Configuration Manage basic and advanced network settings and troubleshoot network issues
- Network Services Manage network services, host sharing, and a personal firewall
- System Management Manage printers and scanners, then troubleshoot peripherals, startup, and other system issues
- Resources “macOS Support Essentials 12: Supporting and Troubleshooting macOS Monterey” by Benjamin Levy and Adam Karneboge with Steve Leebove